The Talking Book is a non-profit audio publishing
house located in the misty mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. It is our continued hope to record and publish awesome writing by innovative authors from independent publishers.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
1. We believe stories make people more empathetic (and we need that now more than ever).
2. Audio is the fastest growing segment in publishing, and gets more stories in front of new people (not to mention the seeing impaired and people with dyslexia).
3. There are tons of amazing, weird books with little to no representation in audio.
4. There is a rich, literary history in audiobooks and the spoken word. We want to bring that back
5. We like it. You like it. It’s cool.
The world needs indie presses, and now it needs an indie audio house. Check out our gang below:
THE TALKING BOOK TEAM
Kris Hartrum - Publisher
David Burr - Audio Engineer
Dani Harris - Graphic Designer
Matt Keepes - Accounting
Robin Carter - Fundraising
Jason Moore - QC editor
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Sebastian Mathews - Publishing
Nickole Brown - Publishing
Sam Thompson - Technology
Jake Farrar - Legal
PLEASE CONTACT US
Since The Talking Book is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, your generous donations enable us to record even more vital literature. Join our Patreon, make a tax deductible donation or buy The Talking Book Sweatshirt. Learn more about becoming a contributor by clicking the button below.