The Talking Book is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit audiobook publishing house located in Asheville, North Carolina. It is our continued hope to record and publish awesome writing by innovative authors from independent publishers.
We are home to Asheville’s only audiobook recording studio. We have produced over 100 audiobooks to date.
We produce audiobooks with professional voice actors as well as authors who want to narrate their own work.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
1. We believe stories make people more empathetic (and we need that now more than ever).
2. Audio is the fastest growing segment in publishing, and gets more stories in front of new people (not to mention the seeing impaired and people with dyslexia).
3. There are tons of amazing, weird books with little to no representation in audio.
4. There is a rich, literary history in audiobooks and the spoken word. We want to bring that back
5. We like it. You like it. It’s cool.
The world needs indie presses, and now it needs an indie audio house. Check out our gang below:
THE TALKING BOOK TEAM
Kris Hartrum - Publisher
David Burr - Studio Director
Dani Harris - Design
Matt Keepes - Accounting
Robin Carter - Fundraising
Jason Moore - QC editor
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Sebastian Mathews - Publishing
Nickole Brown - Publishing
Sam Thompson - Technology
Jake Farrar - Legal
To be considered for audiobook publication with The Talking Book, please submit manuscript, book summary, word count and other info to SUBMIT@TALKINGBOOK.PUB
THE TALKING BOOK PODCAST
Work with accompanying AUDIO (MP3) will be given extra love. Please include an author photo and a brief bio with every piece.
Since The Talking Book is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, your generous donations enable us to record even more vital literature by diverse authors. Join our Patreon, make a tax deductible donation or buy The Talking Book Sweatshirt. Learn more about becoming a contributor by clicking the button below.